The Maple Lake Township recycle pickup is a free service offered to our residents. We encourage all to recycle, as the Township gets partial reimbursement from the County for poundage collected, as well as protecting our environment. Recycling is picked up every other Wednesday by our contractor, Mumford Sanitation, P.O. Box 417, Howard Lake, MN, 55349.
64 gallon recycling containers are available by calling the Township Hall at 320-963-3927.
All recycle material must be clean and rinsed. The following is a list of acceptable material:
- Newspapers and inserts
- Magazines and catalogs
- Cardboard and clean pizza boxes (flattened and no larger than 2 x 4 feet)
- Paper boxes (cereal, cracker, shoe, etc - discard any plastic liner and flatten)
- Junk mail and office paper
- Telephone directories and all books
- Paper envelopes and folders
- Aerosol containers (no pesticide or spray paint)
- Metal cans with or without lids
- Rinsed plastic bottles and jars
- Clear green and brown glass bottles and jars
- Milk cartons and drink boxes